The University of World Economy and Diplomacy will be transformed from the new academic year on the basis of the Smart University concept. Curricula will be enhanced with the use of digital technologies to develop students' ability to independently generate knowledge, analyze and think creatively.
From the 2022/2023 academic year, the work of the University of World Economy and Diplomacy will be transformed based on the concept of. "Higher educational institution of a new generation - "Smart University". The corresponding resolution was signed by the President on July 23.
The concept provides:
- organization of the academic activities of the university on the basis of educational technologies of a scientific and analytical orientation and academic integrity, as well as a software and hardware complex to ensure them, including with the introduction of an anti-plagiarism system;
- individualization of education based on digital learning technologies in order to develop the skills of independent formation of knowledge, system analysis and creative thinking among students, as well as the introduction of a special platform that includes digital forms of curricula and their content, including textbooks, research papers, articles, presentations, multimedia educational products, audio and video recordings of lectures;
- development of an individual educational trajectory for students of all undergraduate and graduate courses, taking into account learning based on the sequence of subjects;
- transfer of funds of information resource centers to electronic form, connection to authoritative world databases of scientific data, creation of an electronic database of scientific and technical data, consisting of tests, master's and doctoral dissertations;
- digitalization of the management of educational and scientific processes, the meaningful organization of students' extracurricular time, as well as the entire workflow.
In addition, from the new academic year, the UWED brand will be promoted “according to the advanced marketing strategy” on an ongoing basis.
Until 2025, UWED must enter the industry, regional or thematic rankings of internationally recognized organizations (Quacquarelli Symonds World University Rankings or Times Higher Education).
Every year UWED will involve 10-20 university professors included in the top 1000 ranking of internationally recognized organizations in the educational and scientific processes. In addition, at least 10 university professors, doctoral students and undergraduates will be sent annually to leading foreign universities for scientific internships and advanced training, students - under exchange programs.
Until January 1, 2025, the UWED journal must be included in the international scientific and technical database Scopus.
The university was given the authority to confer academic titles on its professors and lecturers, as well as to recognize academic titles and academic degrees awarded on the basis of academic independence when they are hired.
Also, from the second semester of the 2022/2023 academic year, a student exchange will be established between UWED, Samarkand State University, Tashkent State University of Economics, Tashkent State University of Oriental Studies, Tashkent State University of Law. For students who have expressed a desire to study under internal academic mobility programs, one semester of study in the relevant educational areas will be organized.
In addition, from the 2022/2023 academic year, talented students of the university will be sent to the diplomatic missions of Uzbekistan abroad for internships.
The editorial office of the scientific journal "International Relations: Politics, Economics, Law" will be created at the university.