Among the partners of UWED:
- Aju University, Hanguk University of Foreign Studies, Korean International Cooperation Agency KOICA (Korea);
- University of Tsukuba, Nagoya University, Japan International Cooperation Agency JICA (Japan);
- Moscow State Institute of International Relations (MGIMO), Nizhny Novgorod State Linguistic University named after N.A. Dobrolyubova (Russia);
- National Institute of Oriental Languages and Civilizations (INALCO), Graduate School of Translators (France);
- Southern Alberta Institute of Technology, Condor Petroleum Inc (Canada);
- Jawaharlal Nehru University (India);
- University of Castilla-La Mancha, University of San Pablo (Spain);
- Lund University (Sweden);
- USAID, Tetra Tech DPK, Syracuse University (USA);
- Friedrich Ebert Foundation, Goethe Institute (Germany);
- British Council, University of Leicester (UK);
- Elsevier Company (Netherlands);
- Shanghai Sister High-level Universities, University of International Business and Economics (China);
and many others.
With 4 European universities: University of Castile-La Mancha (Spain); Lund University (Sweden); University of Padova (Italy); The Iasi University named after I. Cuza (Romania) is actively cooperating through educational projects "Erasmus +" aimed at expanding academic exchange. On this basis, a large number of UWED students got the opportunity to study at partner universities, and from foreign universities they were able to take part in exchange programs while studying at UWED. The University of World Economy and Diplomacy has established partnerships with more than 60 leading foreign universities by signing 24 memorandums, 22 agreements, 12 agreements and 2 protocols between partner universities.
In order to further improve the training of highly qualified specialists in the field of world politics and economy, international relations and diplomacy, international law and foreign trade, as well as the implementation of the agreements reached during the visit in October 2018 of the President of the Russian Federation V.V. Putin to the Republic of Uzbekistan adopted Decree of the President of the Republic of Uzbekistan No. 4171 dated February 11, 2019: “On the organization of the activities of the branch of the Federal State Autonomous Educational Institution of Higher Education “Moscow State Institute of International Relations (University) of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Russian Federation” in the city of Tashkent”.
The main activities of the Branch are:
- providing targeted training of highly qualified international specialists in demand in practice according to programs of advanced higher education, capable of solving the most important political, economic, legal and other tasks, representing and actively promoting the interests of the Republic of Uzbekistan in the international arena;
- development of a system for training specialists and scientific personnel based on the principle of continuity and succession of education and science, as well as mandatory harmonious integration into the world educational and scientific community;
- development and implementation of new educational programs and forms of education aimed at improving the system of training personnel in the areas of international political, diplomatic, legal, economic and trade relations;
support for the development of pedagogical potential, active use of modern highly effective pedagogical methods and teaching technologies.
Currently, 27 foreign students and undergraduates from such foreign countries as Canada, Japan, China, Korea, the Russian Federation, Kazakhstan, Turkmenistan, Tajikistan, Afghanistan are studying at UWED.
Foreign professors from leading educational institutions of Great Britain, Japan, Korea, Poland are invited to the educational process at UWED on a permanent basis. Among the professor visiting lectures are given by representatives of the largest universities in Germany, the USA, Spain, France, Great Britain, Slovakia and many other countries.
It has become a good tradition to hold lectures and speeches of the heads of diplomatic missions and international organizations at the University, to organize international conferences and round tables with their participation. On a regular basis, various cultural events are held at the University (days of national culture, days of foreign languages) with the assistance of the diplomatic corps accredited in Tashkent.